Runnovate Kenya Limited has the utmost regard for our customers’ privacy and information protection. This policy document is part of our mission to serve our customers ethically and lawfully.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users, including our website visitors, product/service users, and those interested in receiving communications from Runnovate Kenya.
It is our policy to respect your privacy on all information we may obtain from you through our websand other affiliate sites we own and operate.
We may collect personal data of our clients by using cookies or similar technologies on our website to automatically receive information such as:
- Identifiers/usage data - computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, general geographic location, or other pertinent identifiers.
- Internet or other network activity information including referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency, and pattern of your service use.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies.
Check your browser settings on how to manage your cookie settings/preferences.
THIRD PARTY LINKS ON OUR WEBSITE
The site may contain links to other third-party websites for your convenience. This may include links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control these third-party sites and are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other third parties.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
We only ask for personal information when we need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data and let you know why we are collecting it.
The purposes for which we may process personal data include:
- Personalize Your Experience
We may use your personal information to customize, analyze and improve our services (including the content and advertisements on our site), communications, and relationship with you.
- Improve Customer Service
Information you provide helps us deliver the services you have requested and to respond to your customer service requests.
- Communicate with You
If you have opted-in, we may use your personal information to communicate with you about our services and offerings, company news, updates, related offerings, or service information.
- For Other Disclosed Purposes
We may use your Personal Information for other reasons, as disclosed to you at the point of collection. We may aggregate or de-identify any information collected about you through your interactions with Runnovate or the site, and we may use that aggregated or de-identified information for any purpose.
The general categories of personal data that we may process include:
- Usage data - computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, general geographic location, Internet or other network activity information including referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency, and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is Google Analytics.
- Service data - data that are provided in the course of the use of our services The service data may include name and email.
- Publication data - information that you post for publication on our website or through our services
- Enquiry data - information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding our services. This may be for the purposes of offering, marketing, and selling relevant services to you.
- Transaction data - The transaction data relates to transactions, including purchases of services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website and may include your contact details, your card details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased services and keeping proper records of those transactions.
- Correspondence data - Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us. The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of future communication with you and record-keeping.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We may disclose Personal Information or Confidential Information to affiliates and business partners to perform services on our behalf, to complete the transaction of a service you have authorized, or to provide information you have requested.
We engage service providers and business partners to assist us with operating and providing you access to the site and other Runnovate services. These service providers or business partners may process secure payments, refund such payments and deal with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds, fulfill orders, optimize services, provide technical services, support email and messaging services, administer polls and surveys, and analyze information.
These service providers or business partners may not retain, use, or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than for the specific purpose of performing that business purpose on our behalf.
We may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
We do not share any sensitive personal information publicly or with third-parties, except when required by law for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE?
Whatever data we store, we commit to its security, confidentiality, and integrity. While there is no guarantee that your data and personal information will be 100% secure and that our network or systems will never be compromised, we take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information against loss, destruction, alteration, or unauthorized access/use, copying or disclosure.
We limit access to your Personal Data to those employees and other staff who have a business need to have such access in order to provide Runnovate’s services.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We retain personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide the services you have requested and for other legal compliance or essential business purposes such as enforcing our contracts, maintaining the security of our services, business(es) and website, enforcing our legal rights, or dispute resolution.
To access any Personal Information that you have provided directly to us, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, change or delete your Personal Information.
You are free to restrict our request to access or process your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services or in circumstances that may include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed.
Sensitive Personal Information means Personal Information that reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, views or activities, that concerns health or sex life, information about social security benefits, or information on criminal or administrative proceedings and sanctions other than in the context of pending proceedings.
In addition, we will treat as Sensitive Personal Information any information received from a third party that the third party treats and identifies the information as sensitive.
Confidential information means non-public information that you provide to Runnovate Kenya that you reasonably expect Runnovate to keep secret, including your personal information (i.e., your name, your identification number, your credit card information, email addresses, and similar information), but does not include information that is:
- generally available to the public other than an unauthorized disclosure by Runnovate or our partners;
- available to Runnovate or our partners on a non-confidential basis prior to your disclosure of the information to Runnovate or our partners;
- independently developed by Runnovate or our partners without using your confidential information; or
- information we are required to disclose by a warrant, subpoena or other request in an investigation or legal proceeding or where disclosure is necessary to protect Runnovate or our partners’ rights or property, or the rights or property of other persons.
"We", "us" and "our" refer to Runnovate Kenya in this policy document.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Runnovate will offer You the opportunity to choose (opt in/opt-out) whether your Personal Information is:
- to be disclosed to a non-processor third party, or
- to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by You.
For Sensitive Personal Information, we will give you the opportunity to affirmatively and explicitly consent (0pt-in) to the disclosure of the information to a non- processor third party or the use of the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you.
You can modify your information at any time by request, or ask that your information be deleted. You can also request and select to have your information used in a limited way.
DATA RIGHTS AND PROTECTION
- Right to Data Access
If at any time You wish to access your existing data profile, we will provide a free copy of the data we collected/store about You. You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with additional information that includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data.
- Right to Be Forgotten
If at any time you discontinue your relationship with Runnovate Kenya, You can request that your personal information is wholly erased from our records.
- Data Portability
This gives the users rights to their own data. You will be able to obtain your data from us in an electronic report format and reuse that same data in different environments outside of ours.
- Right to object to further processing of your data
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you make such an objection, we will cease processing your personal data for this purpose.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
These rights exclude any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
DATA INTEGRITY AND PURPOSE LIMITATION
We will use Personal Information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you.
Personal data will be processed only for the purpose that was defined before the data was collected.
Runnovate will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
RECOURSE, ENFORCEMENT AND LIABILITY
We will obtain assurances from third parties that they will safeguard Personal Information consistently with this Policy. Where Runnovate has knowledge that a Processor/Business partner is using or disclosing Personal Information in a manner contrary to this Policy, Runnovate will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Regulator under the State Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology in Kenya.
LIMITATION ON APPLICATION OF PRINCIPLES
Adherence by Runnovate Kenya to these Privacy Principles may be limited
- to the extent required to respond to a legal or ethical obligation;
- to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest, or law enforcement obligations; and
- to the extent expressly permitted by an applicable law, rule, or regulation.
The policy acknowledges that there will be exceptional circumstances where personal data can be processed without your consent. These limitations on your data rights may result when required by the law or when there are competing rights, and that will require an assessment based on facts and circumstances.
HOW TO CONTACT US
This website is owned and operated by Runnovate Kenya.
We are a limited company registered in Kenya.
If significant changes are made, we will provide you with appropriate notice, which may include conspicuous notice on our website, or email notification.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information.